Tuesday, July 28, 2015

Air Do is coming to Hiroshima and Nagoya.

On July 21st, AIRDO [HD/ADO] (d.b.a. Air Do) announced that they will launch three new routes on October 25th; daily Hakodate [HKD/RJCH] – Nagoya/Chubu Centrair [NGO/RJGG], daily Sapporo/New Chitose [CTS/RJCC] – Hiroshima [HIJ/RJOA], and three-times-daily New Chitose – Chubu Centrair. It would be the first time the Hokkaido-based carrier flies into Hiroshima and Nagoya. Both 144-seat Boeing 737-700s and 126-seat 737-500s will be deployed. Details of the schedule will be revealed in late August.

Boeing 737-781(WL) JA07AN is one of six in Air Do's fleet. All 737s (along with two 767-300s) are supplied by ANA, and another 737-700 will be transferred in exchange for Air Do returning its two remaining 737-500s to ANA in January 2016. (Photo: Aviation Wire)

Air Do's current destinations west of Tokyo are Kobe [UKB/RJBE] and Okayama [OKJ/RJOB], both served from New Chitose, twice daily and once daily, respectively. The routes were virtually transferred from minority shareholder and strategic partner All Nippon Airways [NH/ANA], subsidiary of ANA Holdings, which controls 14% of the Sapporo-headquartered niche airline. Together with the 32% held by ANA's long-time financial partner Development Bank of Japan, the mega-carrier virtually controls 46%.

At present, New Chitose – Chubu Centrair sees ANA flying seven daily round-trips and Japan Airlines [JL/JAL] 5.5 (11 legs), while Skymark Airlines [BC/SKY] and LCC Jetstar Japan [GK/JJP] each operate twice daily. New Chitose – Hiroshima is served by ANA and JAL with one daily round-trip each, while Hakodate – Chubu Centrair is flown only by ANA with two daily round-trips. Air Do code-shares with ANA throughout its network and closely coordinates flights. As with previously-launched new routes, it will likely coincide with ANA's reduction of a similar number of frequencies on the routes. 

Source: AIRDO, 2015 July 21st. (in Japanese)
Source: Aviation Wire, 2015 July 21st. (in Japanese)

No comments:

Post a Comment